BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
THALLA_REDDY
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Team,

I am installing SAS EG newly and want to save few MACROS in autocall library so that my users should able to call them in their daily programming. Not sure how to fins autocal library or setup a new permanent library as autocal library. Please help me with the best process. We are installing it in Linux environment.

thanks,

Thalla

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

This is not an Enterprise Guide issue per se, as everything has to be done on the SAS server side.

Create a directory on the SAS server where all your users have read/execute permission.

Store your macros there; each macro in its own .sas file, and the name of the file must correspond to the macro name (lowercase). Make sure that all those files also have read permission for your users granted.

Then, add that location in the SASAUTOS= system option. Do that in the SASApp/autoexec_usermods.sas, so your whole application server context will pick it up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

This is not an Enterprise Guide issue per se, as everything has to be done on the SAS server side.

Create a directory on the SAS server where all your users have read/execute permission.

Store your macros there; each macro in its own .sas file, and the name of the file must correspond to the macro name (lowercase). Make sure that all those files also have read permission for your users granted.

Then, add that location in the SASAUTOS= system option. Do that in the SASApp/autoexec_usermods.sas, so your whole application server context will pick it up.

THALLA_REDDY
Obsidian | Level 7
thanks for your response, It worked for me and now my users can able to access the Macros. But when we are trying to access these macros by typing '%' in the program window my custom macros are not showing along with the default list. Do I need to make any changes at server side to show the same ?
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Unfortunately, the editor in EG is not aware of AUTOCALL macros and won't list them in suggestions as you type.  Only those macros that are defined in the same code file will show up as suggestions.  Not much help here, I'm afraid.

SAS Hackathon registration is open! Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world.
DavidHD
SAS Employee

Hey @THALLA_REDDY ,

have you read through: https://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.5&docsetId=mcrolref&docsetTarget=... ? It explains all the steps and explains a lot. What I would stress is to store the raw code of the macro as you can re-create the original code from the compiled macro and track the raw code in vcs like git.

Kind Regards

David

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation