BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Stefan_Pannen
Fluorite | Level 6

I need to change the behavior of EG 7.1 in case that there is an issue with a format in the code. Any settings in the autoexec*.sas of the workspace server are overwritten by the following statement when the EG starts. Where I have to 'disable' the following setting?

17         /* Data access options to allow opening data when we can't find formats */
18         options nofmterr;  

BR

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Stefan_Pannen
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

The EGOptions.xml was the first step in the right direction. With this description https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/SAS-EG-options-configuration-file/td-p/105355 I found the best solution. The link to the program SEGuide.exe is extended by 2 parameters. Now my installation looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASEnterpriseGuide\7.1\SEGuide.exe" /option:strOnServerConnectSASCode="options fmterr;" /option:bInsertSASCodeOnServerConnect=TRUE

This can be done on the Citrix evironment overwriting only these two options for all users.

Stefan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Stefan

You can save custom code to submit at the start of a SAS session within the Options:

• Tools, Options...
  • Select the SAS Programs section
  • Tick the "Submit SAS code when server is connected" box and select the Edit... button
  • Put your options statement into the Edit box which appears and select Save
  • Select OK

That's it! 

Stefan_Pannen
Fluorite | Level 6

Ok, but with this setting I can modify only my EG profile. I need to change it for all users in our company. I think I have to modify it somewhere outside the EG application ...

BR

Stefan

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Stefan_Pannen wrote:

Ok, but with this setting I can modify only my EG profile. I need to change it for all users in our company. I think I have to modify it somewhere outside the EG application ...

BR

Stefan

No, you have to do it on every desktop where EG is installed. This code is sent from EG and cannot be influenced by anything you do on the server side.

AFAIK, the code is stored in one of the XML configuration files in the AppData directory of the user, or in a global configuration file in the EG installation directory under C:\Programs.

If you have software management at your site, you might be able to incorporate the change in the EG deployment (as an "after installation" step), but if EG is installed manually on every single desktop, then you will have to bite the bullet and implement the change on every desktop.

Stefan_Pannen
Fluorite | Level 6

The EG is installed on Citrix. So I have to figure out where the code is stored in the XML and to publish it to the Citrix installation.

Fine, I will try this, thanks a lot.

Stefan

Stefan_Pannen
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

The EGOptions.xml was the first step in the right direction. With this description https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/SAS-EG-options-configuration-file/td-p/105355 I found the best solution. The link to the program SEGuide.exe is extended by 2 parameters. Now my installation looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASEnterpriseGuide\7.1\SEGuide.exe" /option:strOnServerConnectSASCode="options fmterr;" /option:bInsertSASCodeOnServerConnect=TRUE

This can be done on the Citrix evironment overwriting only these two options for all users.

Stefan

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation