BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Micheal_S
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am having around 10,000 users and 50 groups in SAS 9.2 environment, and I want to create them in SAS 9.4 environment.

Can anyone please help me on bulk import/export for the migration of users and groups?

Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

As I mentioned, did you get anything in the work.mduimplb_failedobjs table after running %mduimplb? This will provide information on any failed metadata updates.

If you are able to post the SAS log (zipped up) that would be helpful to look at.

Also earlier in this thread you were getting the odd error "ERROR: login : Foundation cannot be found in the  container in the  repository." How did you rectify that and what was the cause? I'm wondering if it might be related.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You should check out the "More Like This" questions like this one:

https://communities.sas.com/message/239439#239439

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Take a look at SAS Usage Note 42251 - Partial Promotion of User and Group Metadata - it provides an outline (and sample code) of how to synchronize users between 2 different version SAS environments.

If you're going to be at SAS Global Forum 2015 in Dallas in a few weeks, and are interested in seeing a point-and-click approach to synchronizing users from external identity sources (including between different version SAS environments), then come and see me at the Metacoda stand in the Quad and I'll show you what we have been working on in this area.

Micheal_S
Calcite | Level 5

Hey Paul,

I have used the code provided by you to update the users and groups but after rectifying all the issues, I am getting one error which I am not able to understand.

ERROR: login : Foundation cannot be found in the  container in the  repository.

Please suggest if you have any suggestion on this.

Micheal_S
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you all...it worked.

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

Since you were given a good answer, I will mark this as "assumed answered." You can do this any time you receive a helpful/good response. It will ensure others find the answer should they have a similar question. Thanks for using the community!

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Micheal_S
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I was working on loading another set of Users/Groups in SAS 9.4 from SAS 9.2 using backend load thru %MDUIMPLB and other similar macros, its loading all the users and groups but not updating the "GROUP AND ROLES" tab for users. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

%MDUIMPLB

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I'm guessing you've already checked the SAS log for warnings and errors? Does your source grpmems table have contents, and can you see a combination of a grpkeyid + memkeyid for a group and user that appears in the grpmems table but doesn't make it into metadata? After the %mduimplb macro completed did you get anything in the work.mduimplb_failedobjs table?

Finally, looking at the %mduimplb macro, it allows you to set a couple of macro variables to capture the metadata XML requests and responses so you can see if it contains the appropriate metadata XML to configure the group memberships.

%let _mduimplb_outrequest_=/path/to/temp/xml/dir;

%let _mduimplb_outresponse_=/path/to/temp/xml/dir;

Micheal_S
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Paul,

I have executed %mduimplb macro 2 times, first for the purpose of testing i have loaded limited numbers of users. In this run i left grpmems table blank so just users created without any relations. - which is good enough

I deleted all the test users created in above step.

I loaded all the canonical tables including GRPMEMS and again executed %mduimplb macro, this time all the users are created but 'Groups & Roles' and 'Accounts' tab is not updated. - this time its showing an error in log saying

"ERROR: The method is not directed at a repository.  (The Reposid parameter is blank.)"

I seached out but not able to get the proper solution to this issue. Please help

Thanks,
Mike

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

As I mentioned, did you get anything in the work.mduimplb_failedobjs table after running %mduimplb? This will provide information on any failed metadata updates.

If you are able to post the SAS log (zipped up) that would be helpful to look at.

Also earlier in this thread you were getting the odd error "ERROR: login : Foundation cannot be found in the  container in the  repository." How did you rectify that and what was the cause? I'm wondering if it might be related.

Micheal_S
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Paul,

I checked out table work.mduimplb_failedobjs for errors, found out that
multiple Keyid were having same values and it was getting discarded. I updated
them and reloaded. It worked…really wanna thank you for spending time on my
problem.

Thanks,

Mike

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

No problem. Glad you were able to resolve it.

meri
Calcite | Level 5

Please help me to migrate 4500 internal SAS users from SAS 9.2 to 9.4

meri
Calcite | Level 5

Hi please help me to migrate internal users 9.2 to 9.4 not able to create internal users login details.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Since this thread has already been marked as answered, it won't attract many viewers. It is better to open a new one. State what you already tried (see the notes mentioned in this thread) and where you failed.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation