BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Chery
Obsidian | Level 7

Please advise how to migrate SPDS tables/datasets from OnPrem SAS Grid to AWS SAS Grid when moving from OnPrem SAS Grid to AWS SAS Grid.

Thanks,

Cherry.

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Are you making use of the SAS Content Assessment Tool for identifying and migrating SPDS library definitions? You need to migrate your library definitions first before moving the data. What are your source and target OS's?

Chery
Obsidian | Level 7

No, we are not using content assessment tool to identify SPDS library definitions, we have the list already with us. Source and target OS is same (Linux). Please let me know the procedure to migrate them.

AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

@Chery 

If my memory serves me right, the SPDS files contain "Folder Path" as part of their name, as well as the metadata files stored under the </meta> folder which should be part of the SPDS Libname statement, contain the information about the physical location!

Therefore moving/relocating the SPDS datasets is a straight forward (Lift & Shift)!!

Consideration needs to be paid for any indexes and constraints files associated with your SPDS tables. Dynamic Cluster tables if you had any! 

I would recommend seeking SAS Technical Support assistance for this task.

Good luck

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The documentation specifically states that you can't use OS commands to move SPD libraries. I'd suggest using PROC UPLOAD, but that is only an option if you have SAS/CONNECT installed and licensed in both your source and target SAS servers.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

If you can't find any documentation/best practices then it's eventually worth to contact SAS directly for this question.

Just based on what's in the documentation I'm thinking that Backing Up and Restoring SPD Server Data using the product provided utilities could be an option.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation