BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
doq
Fluorite | Level 6 doq
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, I have SAS Forecast Server 15.1 installed on Linux.

I would like to change the location of the user's sasuser directory (sasuser.v94) to some other location based on the user's name and I have been unable to find a reference for a username variable in the doc for doing this.

Can someone direct me as to how I can, in the local sasv9.cfg file, do something like: -sasuser /some/path/$(who am i|awk '{print $1}')

Thanks in advance, Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@doq ,

To set the -SASUSER option dynamically, you can modify the /<SASHome>/SASFoundation/9.x/bin/sasenv_local file to include shell script code comparable to:

if [ ! -d /newpath/$USER/sasuser.v94 ]
then
mkdir -p /newpath/$USER/sasuser.v94
fi
SASV9_OPTIONS="$SASV9_OPTIONS -sasuser /newpath/$USER/sasuser.v94"
export SASV9_OPTIONS

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
alexal
SAS Employee

@doq ,

To set the -SASUSER option dynamically, you can modify the /<SASHome>/SASFoundation/9.x/bin/sasenv_local file to include shell script code comparable to:

if [ ! -d /newpath/$USER/sasuser.v94 ]
then
mkdir -p /newpath/$USER/sasuser.v94
fi
SASV9_OPTIONS="$SASV9_OPTIONS -sasuser /newpath/$USER/sasuser.v94"
export SASV9_OPTIONS

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation