BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
NY
Fluorite | Level 6 NY
Fluorite | Level 6

Our SAS system is running properly, without malfunctions for more than a year now 🙂

SAS 9.4M7, Windows Server, one machine.

To spice things up... I am required to change usernames for:

SAS Installer

SAS Spawned Server User (sassrv)

SAS Demo User (sasdemo)

I found in the documentation how to change password but not the usernames themselves, and would appreciate any help.

Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@NY wrote:

Our SAS system is running properly, without malfunctions for more than a year now 🙂

SAS Installer

SAS Demo User (sasdemo)

I found in the documentation how to change password but not the usernames themselves, and would appreciate any help.

Thank you very much.

AFAIK, changing service accounts is a VERY high risk and manual procedure, especially those used by SAS services like sassrv. I suspect that if you attempt it your record of no malfunctions for a whole year will not last 🙂. Proceed at your own peril...but if you must I recommend getting an opinion and guidance from Tech Support.   

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@NY wrote:

SAS Installer

SAS Demo User (sasdemo)

Thank you very much.

AFAIK, changing service accounts is a VERY high risk and manual procedure, especially those used by SAS services like sassrv. I suspect that if you attempt it your record of no malfunctions for a whole year will not last 🙂. Proceed at your own peril...but if you must I recommend getting an opinion and guidance from Tech Support.   

NY
Fluorite | Level 6 NY
Fluorite | Level 6

I suspected that would be the answer 😞 but had hope that someone would share some tips from experience.
Thank you very much for responding. I'll send a request to Tech Support.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I would start with the lower risk accounts and change one at a time. If your installer has done a good job then sasdemo and the sasinstall account shouldn't be actively used by your installation and may not impact anything.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation