BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vasireddyajay
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am exploring, how I can add a dataset to HDFS folder. For that, I created corresponding library and gave sufficient rights. However, on the physical hadoop folder, I have write problems. Could you please guide me how to give write permissions to hadoop folder. Doesn't the management console create it when declaring the HDFS library?

-------------- Task Summary --------------

SUCCESS (SASJob PreCode)

SUCCESS (Define Macros)

SUCCESS (Access Source Library)

SUCCESS (Determine Grid Node Count)

SUCCESS (Compute Block Size)

SUCCESS (Access Target Library)

SUCCESS (Remove Physical Table)

ERRORS  (Add Table)

org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=lasradm,

access=WRITE, inode="/dev/test":hadoop:supergroup:drwxr-xr-x

at

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkFsPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:265)

at

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:251)

at

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:232)

at org.apache.hadoop.hd

ERROR: An I/O error has occurred on file MOLHDFS.DEP_DIM.DATA.

The HDFS path in management console for the library is given as dev/test.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Ajay

1 REPLY 1
vasireddyajay
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

the problem is solved by giving necessary rights for the user group on the hadoop filesystem.

hadoop fs -ls /

hadoop fs -chmod myuser /dev

Apache Hadoop;

Thanks to SAS developer Wesley on this regard.

Cheers,

Ajay

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation