BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SundeepK
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

We have scheduled Data Integration studio jobs in SMC and they are running daily well. Suddenly today jobs failed due to below error:

ERROR: The Bridge Protocol Engine Socket Access Method was unable to connect to host metadata, port 8561.
ERROR: The TCP/IP tcpSockConnect() support routine failed with error 10060 (The connection has timed out.).

When I checked SAS services, they are up and running fine. And, if I run manually it is working fine. 

Could anyone pls guide me what does the above error means?

Thanks for your help in advance..!

Regards,

Sundeep

13 REPLIES 13
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The environment where your batch runs seems to be different from the one where you are doing your manual tests.

Maybe something happened to (personal) firewall settings?

And please supply some information about your SAS landscape (server operating system(s), client access, affected userID's etc.)

SundeepK
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply..!

Server OS: Windows Server 2008 R2

client: DI studio

User ID: sasdemo

After the execution of jobs, logs will be generated in particular folder. Last week, we had the similar problem. And, the following day jobs went well. 

That error will occur twice in a week. There is no change in firewall setting.

Regards,

Sundeep

RahulG
Barite | Level 11

Is it happening for all jobs or for particular one job?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Do all jobs fail at a given time, or just some of the jobs?

You might have a condition where the server becomes congested because of a load of jobs running in parallel, and the metadata server therefore being too slow to respond.

SundeepK
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Kurt,

Jobs are running in a sequential order. Assume jobs are scheduled in the below manner:

a-->b--->c--->d-->e-->f-->g

At point 'e', the job is getting failed.

SundeepK
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
SundeepK
Obsidian | Level 7

ERROR: The Bridge Protocol Engine Socket Access Method was unable to connect to host metadata, port 8561.
ERROR: The TCP/IP tcpSockConnect() support routine failed with error 10060 (The connection has timed out.).

ERROR: SQL View WORK.WSFQC2D2 could not be processed because at least one of the data sets, or views, referenced directly (or
       indirectly) by it could not be located, or opened successfully.

RahulG
Barite | Level 11

I think this problem is related to the particular job e.

As I said earlier job e is trying to update table metadata. Check with developer of this job.

RahulG
Barite | Level 11

See the resolution in the below link.

http://support.sas.com/kb/14/819.html

Do check if your job uses Transpose transformation. It might be trying to UPDATE TABLE METADATA and causing issue. 

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Complete means including the SAS code.
Data never sleeps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation