jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8
Yes. I am connecting to SAP R/3
jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8
Hi @nhvdwalt,

I cannot see SAS/ACCESS Interface to R/3 on the proved document. also, I am using Data surveyor for SAP
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Ok, so you are on SAS 9.4 M4.

From what I can see, nor Data Surveyor nor R3 is supported under M4, last support was under M3.

The user guide for M3 had all in the info for working with R3, but I cannot find documentation for M4 -> R3

Maybe just log a Track and make sure.....

Not sure about the cause of your error, but if the combination is not supported, I wouldn't even go further. 

Do you perhaps have an older version of SAS available to test ?

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

See this note...

http://support.sas.com/kb/50/493.html

What ship event are you using ?

jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8
What do you mean by ship event?

So does it mean that I will not be able to connect to SAP R/3?
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Have a look at this note for an explanation:

http://support.sas.com/kb/50/493.html

No, if M4 is not supported with R/3 anymore then you won't be able to connect.

Run a proc setinit and a proc product_status to check that your license for SAS Access to R/3 is ok. Don't post the results, just verify for us.

jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8
I run both procedures and it shows the SAS/Access Interface to R/3 and the custom version info is 4.4_M4

What should I do in order to resolve the issue?
SASKiwi
PROC Star

As advised open a track with SAS Tech Support, and refer to this post in the track.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

The support seems ambiguous to me, since we're not seeing an explicit statement that R/3 is supported or not under M4. If it's not supported, then I'm surprised that you received SAS Access to R/3 in your SAS 9.4 M4 depot.

My suggestion would be log a call with Tech Support and make 100% sure about the support before continuing.

jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you for the help.

I already submitted an email to technical support but I got no reply from them.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@jei wrote:
Thank you for the help.

I already submitted an email to technical support but I got no reply from them.

It depends on the office hours of the SAS branch where you submitted the call. Ideally, you follow the EMITS link of your local SAS site.

jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you @Kurt_Bremser@nhvdwalt@SASKiwi@sandykota

The libraries sent by the SAP admin was incorrect. However, when I changed the libraries another error occured which is  ERROR: FU_NOT_FOUND ID:FL Type:E Number:046 /SAS/Z_SAS_DIALOG. Where I posted as another qustion linking, https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/Extracting-SAP-Metadata-ERROR/m-p/37205...

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hi @jei,

I see that tech support has responded to your inquiry. I hope they are able to help you determine the issue and get it resolved.

Thanks for using the SAS Support Communities.

Best wishes,

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @ShelleySessoms,

Yes, they already responded. 

Thank you!

All the Best,

Jei

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 in conversation