BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lanceanz
Obsidian | Level 7

We're migrating from desktop SAS 9.4TS1M2 Windows x64 to SAS Server 9.4TS1M3. One of the client tools we currently have installed is "SAS/GRAPH NV Workshop 9.4". There's a dependency on SAS/GRAPH for this product, but we cannot find any documentation to confirm if we'll be able to use it once we've migrated to Server.

When run on my desktop (with full install of SAS), NV Workshop doesn't appear to run any other SAS processes, therefore I assume it is opening datasets directly. When I do a fresh PC-install of only NV Workshop (plus other minimal extras that the installer adds) it returns "Cannot locate SAS/GRAPH Software on this machine". As per Usage Note 32452, I've run it as an admin.

Because I cannot yet test it against the SAS Server, we would like to know if there's any point including NV Workshop in the Client depot. Will it be usable once users are connected to the server?

Thank you,

Lance

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

Does the server have a license for SAS/Graph?

lanceanz
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes. Same "additional product" licenses as we have on the desktop.

ballardw
Super User

I would expect it to run with the server but the installation might be an issue. I recommend contacting Tech support to verify and see what potential "gotcha's" are involved.

lanceanz
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for that. I'm thinking that it will install okay, but not work if it needs local SAS/GRAPH functionality. There is no setting in the application to point it to a server, and I can't find a configuration file.

Will post the answer when I have it confirmed.

lanceanz
Obsidian | Level 7

Final comment - we installed SAS/GRAPH NV Workshop on the desktops, but it is indeed looking for a local SAS/GRAPH license. The server is licensed for SAS/GRAPH. Next time we deploy the client-side software, we'll remove NV Workshop. We had a couple of other license issues in our move from desktop SAS to server, but - due to cost - chose to only address one.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation