BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Asudipta
Calcite | Level 5

Is it possible to create an ananlytic software with the SAS libraries running at the backend?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FriedEgg
SAS Employee

You can deploy SAS to a private or public cloud, or lease time from SAS on their cloud.

You would be well served with these types of questions to speak with a sales person from SAS.

SAS Cloud, Deploy SAS Software in the Cloud | SAS

SAS(R) 9.4 Stored Processes: Developer's Guide, Second Edition

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Asudipta
Calcite | Level 5

I meant a software package running on cloud ( SaaS) with applications written in SAS code.

Thank you!

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You might want to take a look at stored processes, and how to access them via the /SASStoredProcess path of the application server. A stored process is a SAS program designed to be called over a standardized interface (the SASStoredProcess webapp does this) and which, among others, generates output in html form, so you can build them to navigate from one STP to another.

Asudipta
Calcite | Level 5

Sure Kurt, can you please confirm that this works in cloud based framework too.Can yu please share a /SASStoredProcess application with me, if you have one.

Thanks.

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

You can deploy SAS to a private or public cloud, or lease time from SAS on their cloud.

You would be well served with these types of questions to speak with a sales person from SAS.

SAS Cloud, Deploy SAS Software in the Cloud | SAS

SAS(R) 9.4 Stored Processes: Developer's Guide, Second Edition

Asudipta
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much! I would still keep the discussion open for some examples on the Stored processes.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I can't simply share an application with you, there's too much confidential business logic in there.

Basically:

Parameters from the URL (?x=value1&y=value2) are supplied to the SAS code as macro variables (so &x = value1 and &y = value2 in the STP).

And you make your STP generate HTML code and write that to _webout (the standard reference for the output handed back to the STP webapp). I prefer to use data _null_ steps and write the HTML "by hand", but you can also use ODS.

To create a webapp, at least basic knowledge about the building of URL's and HTML forms is necessary.

A final URL to call the next STP will then look like

/SASStoredProcess/do?_program=xxxx&value1=x1&value2=x2

This will call the stored process xxxx and supply &value1 and &value2 to it.

Asudipta
Calcite | Level 5

Yes of course you cannot. I was asking for something that can be available for demo.I am sure you have one !Thanks anyways

PaulAThompson
Fluorite | Level 6

This is basically asking for the ability to run SAS stored procedures based on responses from a form in HTML.

This is very possible. I designed an entire data entry system using this exact logic. Performing specific actions based on web-based choices is quite easy, once you have the basic mechanism of web data handling implemented.

That is done using SAS/IntrNet tools.

SAS/IntrNet tools translate information from the web into SAS macro variables. Once you have a procedure which is designed to work with the SAS MACRO variables, you can do anything that SAS is able to do, with the logic of SAS MACRO control (%if (&yourvalue = 1) %then %do; PROC MEANS;RUN; %end; %else %do; PROC FREQ;RUN;%end;)

Asudipta
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Paul, Do you have an application which you can share?

PaulAThompson
Fluorite | Level 6

Do you have access to SAS/IntrNet?

Asudipta
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry I dont have it. I presume that is not required for an already packaged software service available to the end user. Thanks

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation