BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pbad
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear team,

Very Good Morning,

We are using SAS 9.4 TS1M2 sas in zos enviroment. In order to use LE module inside JCL to connect to Cobol program Hot Fix V01044 might work but this hotfix can be used in TS1M3 or later versions. Basically we are trying to call Cobol db2 modules inside SAS program.

Do you suggest any other alternatve technique to connect to Cobold module inside SAS zos. I have created track with SAS but thought to consult a great pool of SAS experts 🙂

Please advice if you have any other alternative approach in mind.

Regards,

Pratik

3 REPLIES 3
pbad
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Forgot to mention that users are calling Cobol module from SAS. This Cobol module is having DB2 calls, required to fetch the db2 data. Hence language interface is required to connect to SAS - Cobol - DB2. Unfortunately Hot Fix V01044 is not useful for SAS TS1M2. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

So what happens now when you try CALL MODULE with DB2. Do you get the errors as documented here?

http://support.sas.com/kb/57/207.html

pbad
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi

No the errors are not the actually one, documented here. I have received the following reply from SAS.

The fix came in at 9.4M3 ad above so is not available for M2. Existing modules can still be used in an LE environment by coding the *Z control argument. i.e.CALL MODULE('*Z','xxx',yyy,zzz);
This control argument will not invoke IGZERRE since it is not supported in an LE environment. However, there could be a severe performance impact in not doing so. The V01044 provides a performant way of using CALL MODULE in an LE environment starting at M3.
My suggestion would be to try the *Z control argument to determine if any performance impact is encountered. If the module is called only a few times then any impact will be minimal. If the module is called tens of thousands of times then the time to create the runtime environment on each call may be significant.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation