BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rajdeep
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Team,

I am trying to execute a command on windows command prompt for deploying a job, but every time it's throwing the same error like below:

"INFO Initializing Job Deployment environment.
ERROR -metarepository is required.
ERROR The process will be terminated."

I don't understand I am passing the every detail arguments for the particular command, but why it's not taking the argument is totally shocking.

DeployJobs -host "xxxxxx.com" -user "sasdemo" -password "xxxxx" -port 8561 –deploytype deploy –objects "/Shared Data/Marketing/Test_Jen" –sourcedir "E:\sasconfig\Lev1\SASApp\SASEnvironment\SASCode\Jobs\Sourcecodes" –deploymentdir "E:\sasconfig\Lev1\SASApp\SASEnvironment\SASCode\Jobs" –metarepository "Foundation" -metaserverid "A5392QFF.AT000002" -servermachine "xxxxxxxx.com" –serverport 8591 –serverusername "sasdemo" –serverpassword "xxxxxxx" –batchserver "SASApp – SAS DATA Step Batch Server" –folder "/Shared Data/Marketing"

The above I am trying to execute from Meta server windows command prompt after navigating to E:\sashome\SASDataIntegrationStudioServerJARs\4.8 

Please let me know what I should do additionally to accomplish this. Also, want to understand, is there only one way to do this with Manifest file or from cmd line can we do!!

If someone can add some input it will be really helpful, I tried to follow the complete note from https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=etlug&docsetTarget=p1jxhqhaz10gj2n1pyr0hbzozv2f.htm&docsetVe... but still no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rajdeep
Pyrite | Level 9

Already raised a SASTrack, but no response received yet.

Track Number: 7613159400

Thanks in advance.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rajdeep
Pyrite | Level 9

Already raised a SASTrack, but no response received yet.

Track Number: 7613159400

Thanks in advance.

rajdeep
Pyrite | Level 9
The problem was the order of parameters what I was passing and there should be double quotes around all parameters values.
The deploymentdir and sourcedir if those can be kept after all servers and their properties then it is working. From .bat file sometimes it's failing, so direct command line is good option. Gud luck.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation