BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SasStatistics
Pyrite | Level 9

My organization has recently chaged/updated to Viya meaning that we have done a switch from Windows to Linux. 

For some libnames (it seems like it is SQL databases - all libnames I have encountered the problem on so far is on SQL databases) I cannot see the tables in the libname from SAS Enterprise Guide, although I can use them as normal, for example by a data step or proc print. 

So to make it more clear, this is basically how it looks on the Viya server (I only see the libname but cannot see the corresponding tables): 

SasStatistics_0-1642067430198.png

And this is how it looks like on the older version, Windows server (I can see the libname and the corresponding tables): 

SasStatistics_1-1642067483891.png

It is quite annoying, any ideas on what the problem could be or how to solve it? 

8 REPLIES 8
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
Which interface are you using?
A coding environment like SAS Studio 3.8 or SAS Studio V or another visual interface?

Best regards, Jos
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If you right-click the library in Enterprise Guide and choose "refresh" does it list the tables? Does PROC DATASETS list all the tables for the library?
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
SasStatistics
Pyrite | Level 9
Refresh does not help.

For proc datasets lib = MyLib i get the error:
WARNING: No matching members in directory. Weird since I can use the tables in a proc print step say?
ballardw
Super User

@SasStatistics wrote:
Refresh does not help.

For proc datasets lib = MyLib i get the error:
WARNING: No matching members in directory. Weird since I can use the tables in a proc print step say?

You might share the entire log for that Proc datasets. Include all the Proc code and all notes from the procedure. Copy from the log and paste the entire bit into a text box opened on the forum with the </> icon.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Is it only database libraries that are affected? You shown the example of SASHELP that is a SAS library - does that work OK on Viya. Also what is your Viya version?

SasStatistics
Pyrite | Level 9
running

proc setining;

yields: Current version: V.03.05M0P111119

Showing SAS library works fine, other libraries works fine aswell - but those that I cannot see the tables from are SQL servers.
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Are there any SQL libraries that do not have this issue? Is the situation described in the SAS Note below a possibility?

Problem Note 16740: "WARNING: No matching members in directory" using LIBNAME statement for SAS/ACCESS Interface to OLE DB to access SQL Server with PROC DATASETS
https://support.sas.com/kb/16/740.html
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation