BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jyothi_Swaroop
Fluorite | Level 6

I have changed name of a Data library in SAS Metadata, after which the registered tables were not visible. Can we restore a specific library from SAS Metadata Backup ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jyothi_Swaroop
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello All,

thanks for your responses, I have found the issue. While creating the issue I have checked per assign option. So, unable to launch the SASApp server. After unchecking that option I am able to launch the SASApp server

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Renaming a library should not make tables lose their connection. That is in the same environment.

But in promotion the problem a problem could occur. In this scenario I think you need to lift both library and table metadata.

Metadata restores are mainly for environment recovery, so if there have been other activities in the environment this might not be a good solution.

You can restore to new location, and then migrate metadata from there, but again you will run into the same problem described above.

My gut feeling is that changing back manually and try to align metadata per environment is the way to go.

Data never sleeps
Jyothi_Swaroop
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the response, but now the user is unable to connect to the Database by running the libname statement in SAS EG, not sure what is the exact issue.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

So what does the users log say?

options msglevel=i; might give some extra information.

Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you just want to back out that change, just do a metadata restore in SMC from a date before you made the change. This will drop all changes though made after that date and I'm not aware of any way to do a selective restore.

Jyothi_Swaroop
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello All,

thanks for your responses, I have found the issue. While creating the issue I have checked per assign option. So, unable to launch the SASApp server. After unchecking that option I am able to launch the SASApp server

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Jyothi_Swaroop - Good to hear your problem is solved. Please update your post as answered in that case.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation