BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AdrianGriffin
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm running  9.3 (TS1M0) on X64_7PRO

When I issue an Oracle libname, I get this message

libname tz oracle user='agriffin' password=XXXXXXXX path='CEFS2A';

ERROR: The SAS/ACCESS Interface to ORACLE cannot be loaded. ERROR: Image SASORA  found but not loadable..Please make sure Oracle environment is set correctly. Look in the install/Config doc for additional info for your platform.

Other possible reasons - incomplete Oracle client install, 32/64-bit mismatch between Oracle client & SAS, incorrect Oracle client version(Oracle client must match the version picked during post-install process), incompatible sasora for your OS or its attribs don't permit SAS to load it.

I’ve tried the following without success

Removed the quotes as described in Problem Note 46630

Checked I have a 64-bit Oracle by connecting with SQL*Plus. It says connected to Oracle Database 11g Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production

Checked my path — the first item is c:\Oracle\product\11.2.0\client_1\bin, which is the correct location of Oracle.

Checked that authenticated users have read and execute rights to the bin folder

I’d like to check that SAS is referring to the correct Oracle client version. How is this done? When an administrator opens sas.dm in C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASDeploymentManager\9.3, it just quits.

Any ideas?

--Adrian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AdrianGriffin
Obsidian | Level 7

Everything works fine when the 64-bit Oracle client is installed.  Some checks to do with windows regedit. Make sure that ORACLE_HOME in the registry points to the location of the 64-bit Oracle client. The registry key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle. The PATH variable must have the ORACLE_HOME\bin location. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Some things to check:

1) Are you currently licenced for SAS/ACCESS to Oracle and is it installed? Run PROC SETINIT to check the licence. If you are using EG you can check your SAS server properties to confirm the products installed/licenced.

2) Are you using 64-bit SAS? You must be using this to be able to connect via 64 bit SQL*Net.

AdrianGriffin
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes, I have confirmed that the Oracle engine is licensed and installed. I am using 64-bit SAS.

DBailey
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Having the oracle engine licensed and installed is perhaps not the same as having the SAS/Access to Oracle connector licensed and installed. true?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I am assuming since SQL Plus was used to connect to Oracle that it was done on the same PC as SAS so the Oracle side of things is working fine - is that correct Adrian?

AdrianGriffin
Obsidian | Level 7

It seems I have the 32-bit Oracle client on my machine. The 64-bit shown when I connected with SQL Plus referred to the version on the server.  But I'll keep this thread open until I get the 64-bit client installed and check that that works.

AdrianGriffin
Obsidian | Level 7

Everything works fine when the 64-bit Oracle client is installed.  Some checks to do with windows regedit. Make sure that ORACLE_HOME in the registry points to the location of the 64-bit Oracle client. The registry key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle. The PATH variable must have the ORACLE_HOME\bin location. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Looks like you have checked out most of the relevant SAS Notes as well and confirmed SQL Plus is working OK from the same PC (hence your tnsnames.ora config file must be OK) so maybe its time to create a SAS Support track if you haven't done so already....

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation