BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
drahorg
Fluorite | Level 6

I looked at GitHub - sassoftware/viya4-deployment: This project contains Ansible code that creates a baseline in...

this project creates Viya 4 deployment using Ansible.

however, I need to have all deployment across environments (DEV and higher) by using Azure DevOps (Git, pipelines). Can you post an existing project/documentation/link done in Az DevOps (similar with the one I pasted above that use Ansible)? 

Thanks a lot!

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

To deploy from Azure DevOps you create YML pipeline scripts which simply copy your SAS artifacts from ADO to the required SAS server folders. This is something your ADO administrator should be able to help you with.

drahorg
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @SASKiwi , we are at the step to fresh deploy environment Viya 4 by using ansible from this github project, but need to script in ADO.

from where do I pick up the YML from each SAS artifacts. can I pick up directly from the ansible link (https://github.com/sassoftware/viya4-deployment)

do you have a link for something similar?

Thanks a lot!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

All we have done is build our own pipeline scripts for deploying in a SAS 9.4 installation so I can't help you regarding Viya 4 as we don't have it. You could open a Tech Support track to see if they are able to help point you in the right direction.

drahorg
Fluorite | Level 6

Then I guess starting from (https://github.com/sassoftware/viya4-deployment) how can I script the yml for each artifact and deployment order? Did anyone else use migration using ADO from one environment to another of all Viya 4 artifacts (yml), instead of this Ansible code?

As per my understanding, installation is mostly supported by this community and has various projects.

Thanks a lot!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation