BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
georgygal
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Team,

I have configured Metadata cluster with 3 nodes, when i start the services i verify the status of each node by code SAS they are "RUNNING":

filename metaparm 'E:\SAS\config\Lev1\SASMeta\MetadataServer\metaparms.sas';
%include metaparm;

PROC METAOPERATE NOREDIRECT
   ACTION=STATUS;
RUN;

Later when i want to access SAS Management Console with the user sasadm or sasdemo I get the issue:

"The application could not log on to the server. The connection request has time out."

I hope someone can help me soon.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
georgygal
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your contribution 🙂

You are right, in my case unfortunately activated the firewalls of node 1 and node 2 of the metadata server in a change made by the production department. Therefore the solution was simple, only disable the firewall and with that the problem was fixed.

But before fixing the problem, the metadata servers presented the following problems:

• Metadata Server(Master Node)

Cuando intentaba accesar a la herramienta de SAS Management Console en el Metadata Server(Master Node), no podia accesar y mostraba el error "Application Could not log on to the Server. The connection request has time out"

• Metadata Server(Node 2)

When trying to access the SAS Management Console tool on the Metadata Server (Node 2), it could be accessed well.

but when validating the communication with node 3 in the menu Server Manager->SAS Meta->SAS Meta Logical Metadata Server->

SAS Meta - Metadata Server Node 3 it marked communication error.

• Metadata Server (Node 3)

When trying to access the SAS Management Console tool on the Metadata Server (Node 3), it could be accessed well.

but when validating the communication with node 2 in the menu Server Manager->SAS Meta->SAS Meta Logical Metadata Server->

SAS Meta - Metadata Server Node 2 it marked communication error.

so I recommend checking the following:

1) Verify that the metadata servers are not in status paused, if they are paused, change them to resume status:

%include metaparm;

ACTION=STATUS;
RUN;

2) Verify the communication in each metadata server by example:
telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 8561

Note:  In my case the communication of the master node with Metadata Server (Node 2) and Metadata Server (Node 3) was not

possible.
          The communication of node 2 with node 3 was not possible but it communicated with the master node if it could.
          The communication of node 3 with node 2 was not possible but it communicated with the master node if it could.

3) Verify that the firewall is disabled on each metadata server(master node, node 2 and node 3).

Note: In my case the firewall was activated in node 2 and node 3, so what I did was disable the firewall in node 2 and node 3 and this

solved the problem I had.

Thanks for your help.

Georgy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SimonDawson
SAS Employee

Typically the text in that error message is seen when there is some kind of device on the network (like a firewall) in the path of packets from where the client is running to the SAS Metadata Server that is preventing the connection being established.

Do you have the SAS Management Console installed anywhere closer to where the SAS Metadata Server is executing like the server itself? Does that work? If it does try move where you run SAS Management Console geographically closer towards where the problem is being seen and you should isolate which networking equipment is contributing to the failure.

georgygal
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your contribution 🙂

You are right, in my case unfortunately activated the firewalls of node 1 and node 2 of the metadata server in a change made by the production department. Therefore the solution was simple, only disable the firewall and with that the problem was fixed.

But before fixing the problem, the metadata servers presented the following problems:

• Metadata Server(Master Node)

Cuando intentaba accesar a la herramienta de SAS Management Console en el Metadata Server(Master Node), no podia accesar y mostraba el error "Application Could not log on to the Server. The connection request has time out"

• Metadata Server(Node 2)

When trying to access the SAS Management Console tool on the Metadata Server (Node 2), it could be accessed well.

but when validating the communication with node 3 in the menu Server Manager->SAS Meta->SAS Meta Logical Metadata Server->

SAS Meta - Metadata Server Node 3 it marked communication error.

• Metadata Server (Node 3)

When trying to access the SAS Management Console tool on the Metadata Server (Node 3), it could be accessed well.

but when validating the communication with node 2 in the menu Server Manager->SAS Meta->SAS Meta Logical Metadata Server->

SAS Meta - Metadata Server Node 2 it marked communication error.

so I recommend checking the following:

1) Verify that the metadata servers are not in status paused, if they are paused, change them to resume status:

%include metaparm;

ACTION=STATUS;
RUN;

2) Verify the communication in each metadata server by example:
telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 8561

Note:  In my case the communication of the master node with Metadata Server (Node 2) and Metadata Server (Node 3) was not

possible.
          The communication of node 2 with node 3 was not possible but it communicated with the master node if it could.
          The communication of node 3 with node 2 was not possible but it communicated with the master node if it could.

3) Verify that the firewall is disabled on each metadata server(master node, node 2 and node 3).

Note: In my case the firewall was activated in node 2 and node 3, so what I did was disable the firewall in node 2 and node 3 and this

solved the problem I had.

Thanks for your help.

Georgy

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation