BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Banse
Fluorite | Level 6

Does anyone know the Syntax for configuring the java starttls parameter (mail.smtp.starttls.enable="true") to the appserver.properties file (for reconfig etc.)

in Scripts/AppServer/props/appserver.properties the mailsession config looks like:

mailsession.1.host=smtp.host.com
mailsession.1.isDeleted=false
mailsession.1.jndiName=sas/mail/Session
mailsession.1.name=SASMailSession
mailsession.1.port=25
mailsession.1.serverName=SASServer1

Markus Bansemir

2 REPLIES 2
AjmalFarzam
SAS Employee

Hi,

I don't believe starttls belongs in appserver.properties. Try adding it to the <Resource> definition for sas/mail/Session in server.xml file for your app server instance. For example

<Resource auth="Container" mail.smtp.host="smtpserver.company.com" ... mail.smtp.starttls.enable="true" ...  name="sas/mail/Session" /> 

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Banse
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

thanks for your answer. That's (change server.xml) what I've already done. But I am looking for a way to let the appsrvconfig.sh Script do it automatically when I reconfig the AppServer or install a maintenance level Update.

Cheers,

Markus

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation