BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
YannRC
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, I know that i can use INTCK on studio but i want to know if i can find a formula in visual Analytics to measure the delay between 2 dates and exclude the week end or blank days.

6 REPLIES 6
ballardw
Super User

What would a "blank day" be? Never heard that term before.

The INTCK and INTNX functions will use the WEEKDAY as an interval.

Example:

data example;
   day1='05APR2024'd;
   day2='09APR2024'd;
   weekdaysbetween = intck('weekday',day1,day2);
run;

Day1 is a Friday, Day2 is Tuesday. Weekdaysbetween is 2.

YannRC
Obsidian | Level 7

thanks 🙂

It's a french word. It's a a day where our company don't work like esater or christmas. I already use intck in sas studio but i want tu find a solution on visual analytics with the existing formula

YannRC
Obsidian | Level 7

A parralel Question. INTCK is perfect with weekday but it take the saturday and sunday.

When i put the table on WORK, I can use INTCK("WEEKDAY1W",(DATEPART(Date1)),(DATEPART(date2))) and it works and it only remove the sunday. But when i change and i work on CAS. It's KO. 

Is it normal?

YannRC
Obsidian | Level 7

Excuse me for the delay and thank you for your answer.

I know that a can use INTCK on a program or on a flow. But my data table is already here. I want to calculate a delay in days between two date without the saturday ou sunday for example. Only working days. 

But i need or want to know if we can do it by using only Calculated items (and formula) in visual analytics.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Does the solution in from discussion SAS-Visual-Analytics-Edit-Calculated-Data-with-Condition answer your question?

Using intck() for an interval Monday-Friday won't be hard but if you also want to exclude holidays then you need a Custom Time Interval. Not sure if and how this works with in-memory tables and VA.

YannRC
Obsidian | Level 7

Not Clearly. My target is to do the same thing as INTCK but by using Existing formula.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation