BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
phopkinson
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am currently working on a report which I want to refresh each month with the latest data - I have a date parameters representing the current month, but my question is if there anyway I can increment it using the calculated items to create multiple date parameters as I want to specify the periods for which my data is from and I can't see any other feasible way of doing this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

With our VA reporting we derive a "month counter" before loading the data into the LASR / CAS server. Current month = 0, last month = 1, two months back = 2 and so on. Next month is tagged -1. That way a VA static filter of  "month counter" = 0 will always get the current month and no date formulas are required. This is how we create the counter:

* Derive reporting month counter, latest month = 0, previous month = 1 and so on.;
  Reporting_Month = intck('MONTH', Reporting_Date, today()); 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation