BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CThickstun
Calcite | Level 5

I was hoping I could get some clarification on how SAS 9.4 handles the semivariance estimate for Lag 0 in the semivariogram model fitting process. A visual inspection of various fitted variogram curves for my data suggest that SAS is either ignoring or weighting down the importance of the Lag 0 semivariance estimates in fitting the semivariogram curves. Given that Lag 0 generally contains substantially fewer data points than the other lags under consideration, this seems reasonable, but I have been unable to find a description in the SAS User's Guide that details exactly how this process is handled.

Am I interpreting The VARIOGRAM Procedure - Quality of Fit page correctly to mean that Lag 0 is ignored in the fitting process when it says:  "the weights wi2 are taken at i = 1, . . . , k." or am I missing something in the documentation elsewhere?

I am using this general code form for my model fitting:

PROC VARIOGRAM DATA = LIB.DATA  PLOTS(ONLY) = FIT;
COMPUTE AUTOCORRELATION
	LAGD = x
	MAXLAG = y
	CL ROBUST 
        AUTOCORR(WEIGHTS = DISTANCE (NORMAL)
		;
COORDINATES XC = X_CORD YC = Y_CORD;
MODEL FORM = AUTO (MLIST = (EXP, SPH, GAU, SHE) NEST = 1) 
	CL FIT = ROBUST
	CHOOSE = (STATUS SSE);
	VAR RESID;
RUN;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation