BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Achieng
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Great SAS help team

I am working with longitudinal data and I need to perform logistic regression using GEE. baseline data in 2005 and follow up data in 2015. All the data has been cleaned and has been merged for all the participants with follow up data. However, I have a few questions.

In my data set, I have predictors (Fatty acids, fatty acid patterns) all

1. Predictors (Fatty acids, fatty acid patterns both dietary and plasma phospholipids) all continuous variables.

2.confounders  (Gender, Urbanisation, HIVstatus, Alcohol, Tobacco, Education) are all categorical variables while (age, Energyintake and  PhyAct ) are continuous variables.

3. I have outcomes ( Wtchange, BMIchange, Waistchangeand Metabolic syndrome (MetS) measures over 10 years. i.e I have data collected in 2005 and data collected in 2015. The outcomes are ten-year change.

The Underlined variables have some missing values and I cannot get results.

Questions 1. Can you create models with GEE and prospective data??

for example When analysing linear regression for cross-sectional study, and logistic regression, I was able to create models.

Model 1_crude model

Model 2- Adjusted for age and gender

Model 3_ adjusted for lifestyle factors.

I have been unable to figure out how to include that in the GEE analysis; I have been able to add only one confounder at a time, is this alright,.

proc genmod data=_2005to2015 ;
class Age2015;
model  WTchangeInd= n3_PLASMA_2005 n6_PLASMA_2005 SCD_D9D_Plasma_2005 EFA_PLASMA_2005/ dist=bin;;
      repeated  subject=Age2015 / type=exch covb corrw;
   run;
315   proc genmod data=_2005to2015 ;
316  class Age2015;
317  model  WTchangeInd= n3_PLASMA_2005 n6_PLASMA_2005 SCD_D9D_Plasma_2005 EFA_PLASMA_2005/
317! dist=bin;;
318        repeated  subject=Age2015 / type=exch covb corrw;
319     run;

NOTE: Class levels for some variables were not printed due to excessive size.
NOTE: PROC GENMOD is modeling the probability that WTchangeInd='1'. One way to change this to
      model the probability that WTchangeInd='2' is to specify the DESCENDING option in the
      PROC statement.
NOTE: Algorithm converged.
NOTE: PROCEDURE GENMOD used (Total process time):
      real time           0.15 seconds
      cpu time            0.09 seconds

When I run the data with HIVstatus as confounder;

proc genmod data=_2005to2015 desc ; 
class HIVstatus_2005 ;
model  WTchangeInd= n3_PLASMA_2005 n6_PLASMA_2005 SCD_D9D_Plasma_2005 EFA_PLASMA_2005/ dist=bin;;
      repeated  subject=HIVstatus_2005  / type=exch covb corrw;

run;

This is the result 

325   proc genmod data=_2005to2015 desc ; /*exclude missing data*/;
326  class HIVstatus_2005 ;
327  model  WTchangeInd= n3_PLASMA_2005 n6_PLASMA_2005 SCD_D9D_Plasma_2005 EFA_PLASMA_2005/
327! dist=bin;;
328        repeated  subject=HIVstatus_2005  / type=exch covb corrw;
330     run;

NOTE: PROC GENMOD is modeling the probability that WTchangeInd='2'.
ERROR: A missing value was detected in the SUBJECT, WITHINSUBJECT, or LOGORVAR effect. All
       values of variables in these effects must be non-missing.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE GENMOD used (Total process time):
      real time           0.09 seconds
      cpu time            0.03 seconds

For me to get these results, I had to categorize the weight change into 2 categories, It was earlier in 3 categories, but with two categories I was able to get somewhere.

Question 2: Is it possible show the association 3 categories of change with predictors and confounders: For example.

I have 3 weight change categories 

Cat1: weightloss

Cat2: Nochange

Cat3: Weightgain

How do I arrange my odes so that I can be able to show the association of my predictors with 1 weight loss, 2 Nochange and 3 Weightgain?

Please recommend the best way to go about this. Please be patient with me, I am very new to SAS

Very kind regards

Achieng

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Please start a new topic.

Achieng
Quartz | Level 8
Ok will do

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation