BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Reeza
Super User

When you encounter issues like this, there are several possible causes. 

1. An old/stolen version of SAS with a bug, or assuming WPS is the same

2. Corrupt installation for some reason though you’d likely get errors

3. Something funky with your data

To eliminate these you need to provide

1. your version of SAS, so can check for known bugs

2. Run the same code with known results on your machine and see if the results match. To test this, you need to run EXACTLY Ricks code and post your log and output as requested. Then we can compare it agains the expected output to see if it matches or not. If it does, then it’s #3 most likely. 

WillZh
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you, Reeza,

Are you suggesting me to run Nick's code with my own data or Nick's data? I don't have his data. In my prior posts, I provided my own data, log and results. My codes are simplified and almost the same as Nick's code. .

Reeza
Super User

@WillZh wrote:

Thank you, Reeza,

Are you suggesting me to run Nick's code with my own data or Nick's data? I don't have his data. In my prior posts, I provided my own data, log and results. My codes are simplified and almost the same as Nick's code. .

No you don't have his data because it ships with SAS, not with WPS. Otherwise it's available with all SAS installations for exactly this type of situation. 

I'm guessing WPS has different defaults or has an incorrect implementation of PROC PHREG, which is not really a SAS issue. You need to deal with their tech support, not SAS tech support. 

Reeza
Super User

@WillZh wrote:

Thank you, Reeza,

You need to run it with Rick's data. I suggest setting up a trial of SAS Academics on Demand, running your code in an actual SAS licensed environment and compare that with WPS.

WillZh
Calcite | Level 5

OK, Thank you, Reeza.Will try your suggestions.

One additional question related to SAS phreg is that, how do we add and change labels of the survival curves created by phreg plot? It seems that plot(overlay) will not give any label to the curves. Add diradj seems the only way to get labels but one cannot edit them..

Reeza
Super User
SAS has some macros in the documentation appendix that allow you to customize the graph. I'm not sure that it would work in WPS. In addition, you can capture the data and plot it with SGPLOT, but again, I don't know how you'd do that in WPS.
WillZh
Calcite | Level 5

wonderful. I am interested in knowing how to customize graph in phreg with SAS now....can you guide me to the macros?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 in conversation