BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
0 Likes

I've recently started using VA 7.5 from VA 7.3 and noticed it doesn't let me use the same name for different objects.  This isn't an issue for most objects as the title is what is visible to an end user, but for containers, the name is the text that shows on the "tab" for the container.  I'd like the tab text to be whatever I want, even if its a duplicate name from another container/object.  

This is already possible with Prompts containers, where the Name of the prompt container is a separate field than the Prompt container text.  I want this same flexibility for all containers so the tab text in a container (for me specifically a stack container) can be duplicated, even though the name of the object needs to be unique.

Reason: with the capability to put containers in containers, I routinely name an outer container something higher level, with inner containers being refined to save on horizontal real estate and reduce redundancy.  I could provide the same breakdowns such as "claims by model" within two different outer containers that segment the data by continent for example.  With the current naming limitation, I need to name the internal containers differently even though they are for the same breakdown, just of two different input data sets.

1 Comment
AnnaBrown
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thanks for your idea, @DevenSmith! This functionality is not currently planned, but you can simulate it by adding white space to your object name. This makes the tab label appear the same across different containers. Currently, VA enforces uniqueness at the object level and in this case, the label is derived from the object name.