BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi all,

SAS does not compute an exact confidence interval for the difference of 2 binomial proportions. Does anybody know how to do this?

Many thanks for your help,

Violaine
3 REPLIES 3
deleted_user
Not applicable
Many thanks for your help,

Violaine
deleted_user
Not applicable
Dear all,

I get back to you regarding the calculation of the 95% exact CI for the difference between 2 binomial proportions. For this matter, I would like to use the CT (Coe & Tamhane) method. Coe wrote a SAS macro for this matter (“A SAS® Macro to Calculate Exact Confidence Intervals for the Difference of Two Proportions”, which is a free article), and he explained in another article (“Small sample confidence intervals for the difference, ratio and odds ratio of two success probabilities”, which I will not be able to forward you) the steps of the algorithm for performing the 95% exact CI for the difference between 2 binomial proportions.

Does anybody have read this article? If yes, maybe you can help me… I am stuck at the Step 2.1.
I don’t understand how a min function can be used since to my mind, there is always once delta per acceptance region.

I am really embarassed because I can’t progress! I would be glad if someone could help me!!!

Many thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Violaine

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Health and Life Sciences Learning

Need courses to help you with SAS Life Sciences Analytics Framework, SAS Health Cohort Builder, or other topics? Check out the Health and Life Sciences learning path for all of the offerings.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation