BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Cullima
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way to use a prompted value created in IMS within an expression for another data item

For example I have created a prompt in IMS called station_name, however, if I try to reference "&station_name" within an expression for a data item the output i get is "&station_name" rather than what is entered in response to the prompt.

I have implemented a workaround, creating the prompts in a stored process and then associating the SP with the Map and referencing them in exactly the way above which works fine.  However, this means the SP is intrinisically linked to the Map, wheras I do not want the same filters applied to every WRS report which uses it.

I find it very diffcult to believe that this cannot be done within IMS alone, as it should be basic functionality.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Cullima
Calcite | Level 5

Have since answered my own question.

to use prompt value in data item reference as follows (for &station_name prompt described above):

<<root.STATION_NAME>>

or

prompt::<<STATION_NAME>

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 1 in conversation