BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rgreen33
Pyrite | Level 9

I'm new to Viya (we are in the process of migrating from SAS 9.4 to Viya) and I am running into several issues when attempting to promote reports from one environment to another (dev to prod).  I would like to hear how others are getting around these issues:

• Unable to import into a particular folder.  My folder structure is different from one environment to another.  When I attempt to promote a report from dev to prod, the dev folder structure is brought over to my prod environment...and then I have to move the report and clean up the mess that is left.  Has anyone found a way around this?

• Unable to overwrite existing files.  As mentioned previously, when I promote items from dev to prod, I am forced to promote and then move the items.  Unfortunately, it appears that Viya is unable to overwrite an existing file, which means that I must delete the file and then move the promoted file into its final location.  Has anyone found a way around this?

• Images that included in reports seem to break, as I have no way to remap their location.  Has anyone found a way around this?

@Sas - please help us out here and make this promotion process easier!!!

Thanks, 

Ricky