BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
cbrotz
Pyrite | Level 9

I have not written many stored processes in SAS EG.  I did create one to store code that is used multiple times in many sets of code with the idea that if changes are needed, I could change it in one place for all code.  I was hoping that the output could just be sent to a work. file.  The code runs fine when I use the work. file but it appears to not be saving the data as I cannot reference the  work.  file further in the code.  If I use a  permanent SAS dataset it runs fine.  I was hoping to just create a temporary work file though.  Is it possible to just create a work file using Stored Processes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

No, because the work session disappears when the stored process is done. You can write the file to a temp or perhaps rather than a stored process use a %INCLUDE to call the program instead.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

No, because the work session disappears when the stored process is done. You can write the file to a temp or perhaps rather than a stored process use a %INCLUDE to call the program instead.

cbrotz
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you!  The Temp file worked.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation