BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JordanS
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I have a custom HTML form that is running a stored process that is stored on a SAS Stored Process Web Application server. Currently, the stored process gets user names and passwords from the user's Personal Login Manager; however, I would like to get away from doing that as the user has to authenticate with the SAS Stored Process application server after submitting the custom web form anyway. Is there anyway to use the credentials from the authentication to the web server rather than the Personal Login Manager in the stored process?

The stored process connects to other servers and databases and needs the username and passwords to connect.

Thanks,

Jordan

1 REPLY 1
boemskats
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Jordan,

I'm not sure if I have understood you correctly, but if you define the connections to your other servers and databases in SAS Metadata and use something like the metadata libname engine for your external connections, you should be able to use metadata security to allow or deny individual users access to the connections, and provide individual passwords for authentication domains which should be picked up automatically serverside by metadata. This would be managed by the PLM I think.

For me the best feature of the sas stored process web app is that each stored process execution automatically inherits the authenticated metadata context of the user the STP executed as. Have you tried this approach? Or are you saying that that's exactly what you'd like to avoid doing? 

Nik 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation