BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
gsnidow
Obsidian | Level 7

Reeza, I only typed in the estimates because I did not know how to get them directly.  The problem I have is that I am unable to figure out the formula to calculate the probability given the estimates.  I need to hand off a formula to be applied to data outside of SAS, on a mainframe.  In the output, the 'myformula'  in your code is still not matching the predicted probability ip_1.  Did I miss something?  Thank you so much for all of your good time and help.

Greg

Reeza
Super User

Really? Did you run the code I provided above, the differences in mine was 0. 

The formula is then 1/exp( ) part that you hand off to the developers, or the my formula part.

gsnidow
Obsidian | Level 7

DOH! a thousand times.  Yes, Reeza, you are correct.  I got an error when I ran your code, telling me WORK.SAMPLE.DATA does not exist.  So, what I was really looking at was the results from the last time I ran my faulty code.  I just re-wrote the formula as you have it, and VOILA!.  Thank you so, so much.  I'm confused though, in why the intercept needs to be included in the formula when it does not matter.  Again, thank you for the help, and I realize now I could have made it easier on you in the first place if I had just left Excel out of it, and done the entire thing in SAS.

Greg

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation