BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ks17
Fluorite | Level 6

I am fitting a Fine and Gray regression model to competing risks data. I am trying to compute the time-dependent AUC for this model, but the "plots=auc rocoptions(method=ipcw(cl seed=1234))" option does not work. I get the note "Neither concordance nor ROC analysis is performed when the EVENTCODE option in the MODEL statement is specified". However, I need that option to specify fitting a Fine and Gray regression. The data is coded as having Status 0 if censored, 1 if experience the event of interest, 2 if they experience the competing event. Here is my SAS code: 

proc phreg data=train plots=auc rocoptions(method=ipcw(cl seed=1234));
class X1 X2;
model Time*Status(0)=X1 X2/eventcode=1;
run;

Any suggestions for how I can obtain the concordance index from a Fine and Gray regression model? Thanks in advance! 

4 REPLIES 4
k-san
Calcite | Level 5

Did you ever find a solution to this?  We are having the same issue.

ks17
Fluorite | Level 6

I emailed one of the authors of "Analyzing Survival Data with Competing Risks using SAS Software" in February 2018. They were quick to respond and said that the AUC and time dependent ROC method (using the IPCW) could be carried over to the Fine-Gray model, but that it was not yet available in PHREG and that it would be a future project. 

For now, I am using the FGR function in the riskRegression package in R (https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/riskRegression/riskRegression.pdf) for the Fine-Gray model, and the timeROC package in R to get the time-dependent AUC. 

Bowen2006
Calcite | Level 5

I used cause specific model, and created AUC at different time point, it works.

Try this:

proc phreg data=train plots=auc rocoptions(method=ipcw(cl seed=1234));
class X1 X2;
model Time*Status(0, 2)=X1 X2;
run;

FP_Italy
Fluorite | Level 6
It is not a Fine and Gray model, so it works

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation