BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed

I have a bunch of SAS files in a directory, that I'm running using sas-viya at the command-line with. Here's the command line I use:

sas-viya batch jobs submit-pgm --context default --wait-results --pgm basic_digits.sas

I have two product suggestions that would reduce some friction:

First, I end up with a bunch of JOB folders with undistinguished names. For example here are three in the folder right now:

JOB_20240510_011340_087_1
JOB_20240514_201600_284_1
JOB_20240514_202431_319_1

Without going inside of them... which of those was used to run basic_digits.sas, which was used to run advanced_digits.sas, and which was something else?

I would like to be able to provide a parameter to sas-viya that adds something after the JOB_ , and a way to default to having the name of the SAS program there. I would like something like "--results-dir-prefix" that would create this:

JOB_basic_digits_20240510_011340_087_1

I *could* create one "output_{}" folder for each file and use "output_basic_digits" with --dir flag, but I wish for something where I don't have to modify the command line in two places for each job with different filenames [high susceptibility to human error]. You could also use the job name from --job-name, but that still suffers the "two command line edits" problem.

Second, "--context default" shouldn't be necessary. If one doesn't provide the context, it should use the default.

Thank you,

Gary