BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Reeza
Super User

The path should be of the form:

/folders/myfolders/my_content

And it is case sensitive.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

As indicated above, the path names that you use in the University Edition are VERY case sensitive. I did not use "My Folders" with a space in the name. I believe the instructions are that you set up a folder called just "myfolders" (no caps, no space). Notice how in my code and screen shots in the postings from January that the correct high level path name for MY file was:

infile '/folders/myfolders/certprep/bookdata.dat';

Note also that there is no initial cap on /folders (should NOT be /Folders). If you did define your shared folders correctly, and you did set up a subfolder called my_content, then your correct INFILE statement should be:

infile "/folders/myfolders/my_content/Test01.txt";

My suggestion is that you find the file: test01.txt in your folders location inside SAS Studio, right click on the file name and look at the Properties. You should see a path name and a file name. Use the exact case that you see in the Properties window. Do not use caps or extra spaces if you do not see any in the window. For example -

_2_location_in_SAS_UE.png

look at the properties of the XLS file. Even though the "fancy" name says My Folders, note how the "internal" name in the properties window is just /folders/myfolders. Even if your file is a TXT file, you should still see the correct file path to use if you right click and look at Properties. Do not deviate from the name you see in the Properties window. that is the "internal" name and path of the file in SAS University Edition. That is the name you need to use.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation