BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Jay. Just wondering if you managed to solve your problem . . . were you able to get SAS installed and get EG (local server) running?

GraceStehlin98
Calcite | Level 5

I have the same probably as Jay.

When I installed SAS enterprise guide, there is a problem to show that the localhost server is not able to set up. because excel has server set up already.

bnawrocki
Quartz | Level 8

I'm late to the conversation, but I had a similar error as the original poster. I inherited a Windows 7 computer with SAS 9.3, SAS 9.4, and SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1 on it. I uninstalled SAS 9.3, and SAS EG stopped working.

SAS EG must have been pointing to the SAS 9.3 installation, and I wasn't sure how to make it use the SAS 9.4 installation. Finally found the answer here. I had to open a DOS command window (as Administrator), navigate to the SAS 9.4 directory (usually C:\ProgramFiles\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4) and type sas.exe -regserver. And SAS EG works now, using my local installation of SAS 9.4 as its local Server. (I didn't have to make any changes in SAS EG to set up a profile or anything!)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 12 in conversation