BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jonb
Calcite | Level 5

Best,

When starting up my project in SAS Enterprise Miner workstation 13.2 I get the following error:

"The application could not log on to the server. The server process terminated unexpectedly with exit value 111."

Until yesterday my SAS Miner worked perfectly fine and I did not change anything to the settings. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks for your support

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Here's what I gleaned from an internal track on this type of problem.

First step: check for expired license.  On the same machine where the issue occurs, run this in Base SAS:

proc setinit; run; 
proc product_info; run; 

Also review this SAS Note to see if you find any hints.  You might need to change some file paths referenced in the note, according to the version you have.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WaltA
Fluorite | Level 6

May I ask what the solution to your problem turned out to be?  We have 4 folks here that just experienced this exact error are unable to access their projects. I attached the error.

lee3.png
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Here's what I gleaned from an internal track on this type of problem.

First step: check for expired license.  On the same machine where the issue occurs, run this in Base SAS:

proc setinit; run; 
proc product_info; run; 

Also review this SAS Note to see if you find any hints.  You might need to change some file paths referenced in the note, according to the version you have.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
WaltA
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the reply. 

In our case we were running SAS Enterprise Miner via Citrix virtualization.  The licensing is fine.  But we were changing the way students save files and in so doing changed an attribute that ended up clearing the home folder variable.  On the surface it seemed like it should still work be able to work, but... restoring the variable set everything right.  Now to figure out why and the procedure needed to correct the issue when that drive space is altered in the future. Alas that is for someone else to figure out, I was just triaging the intial problem.

Thanks again.

WaltA
Fluorite | Level 6

I just now looked over the note you linked to.  It seems this may indeed apply to our situation.  I forwarded the link to those that are moving forward with this project.

jiuchen
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I face same problem. It is my first time to use SAS 9.4EM. It said because of exit value 111.

I try to uninstall and reinstall the SAS, but it has same problem.

So what can I do now?

I try to follow your instruction but when I open SAS9.4, it appears error.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation