BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MartheStanderen
SAS Employee

Have you ever faced the need for several categories and the report viewers in SAS Visual Analytics wants to pick it them self? Then you can use a stacking container.

So have do you implement your stacking container?

When entering SAS Visual Analytics you first pick a Stacking container in the menu on left hand side:

1.png

Then you simply drag and drop the Stacking Container object from the Objects tab on to your report. Then, drag and drop the different objects into the stack container. In my example, I have two bar charts and one line chart. You can edit your objects in the same way as if you shouldn’t have used a container.

In the example below Product Sale is show by three different categories: Country, Product Line, and also see the development.

In the first view, I have Country bar chart selected from the stack container.

2.png

In the second view, I have the Product Line bar chart selected from the stack container. Notice that I have chosen to add a reference line in this graph. You can use reference lines to help identify goals or targets, acceptable or unacceptable ranges, previous year average or even previous month average, etc., basically any metric that puts a frame of reference around the values on the visualization.

3.png

In the third view, I have shown the development of product sale by Transaction Year.

The stack container is one of my favorite report objects as it give you flexibility in use of your objects, an interactive reporting experience to examine and explore the data.

4.png

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 1 in conversation