BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MeganE
Pyrite | Level 9

If someone actually wants to put in the compute stuff whereever it goes so that i can display the name, desc1, and desc2 variables in the right place, i'd be grateful.  But i don't have a clue how to work it in where it needs to go.

ods listing close;
ods pdf file="&path.AppendixB.pdf";
proc report data=Formats3 nowd headline headskip wrap center;
    column name desc1 desc2 variable type length format comment;
    define variable / width=12 "Variable";
    define type     / width=9 "Type";
    define length    / width=16 "Length";
    define format    / width=254 "Format";
    define comment    / width=254 "Comment";

run;
ods pdf close;

Thanks,
M

Ksharp
Super User
Also could try #byval1 + BY statement.
You'd better post some test data to let someone code it for you .

ballardw
Super User

With the data you have I do not really understand why you went to proc report instead of proc print. Nothing you are doing in the body of that report requires proc report.

I still do not know if your  CATEGORY, NAME, DESC1 and DESC2 are in the same dataset you are displaying or not.

If in the same dataset are the on all rows or just one? You could provide the output from proc print to show what the actual structure of the data may be.

If all the data is in one set then you may need something with a separate step to build the information that appears OUTSIDE of the Proc results.

Things generally get tricky to some extent when you want different variables Name and Desc2 for example to appear within the column space. The procedures that allow that are somewhat stringent in requirements.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation