BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
HI:
In your original question, you posted ODS EXCEL code. The original question that I answered was only about the placement of your Content-type header needing to be outside of the ODS EXCEL call.

You've added extra code that sends a waiting message, as illustrated in this Tech Support note:
http://support.sas.com/kb/30/889.html and my guess is that you have some kind of timing issue. It is possible that your Stored Process doesn't actually NEED a waiting message and so the ODS EXCEL results are coming back to the browser WITH the waiting message. This would be something you need to work on with Tech Support. Someone needs to look at ALL of your code and ALL of your stored process metadata and understand exactly HOW you are submitting the stored process (from a client application, from the Add-in for Microsoft Office, from the Stored Process Web Application...).

To submit a track to Tech Support, you can fill out this form http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm and reference this community forum posting in your mail to them with the other required information.

Cynthia
niko_gallo
Obsidian | Level 7

hi Cynthia,

i submit my STP from SAS portal (Windows IE) and this is the code:

*ProcessBody;
ods excel file=_webout style=plateau;

data _null_;
rc = stpsrv_header('Content-type','application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet');
rc = stpsrv_header("Content-disposition","attachment; filename=report.XLS");
run;

proc print data =report (drop = dtreport) noobs label ;run;
ods excel close;

I do not have any problem with this sas-code...so...i want to insert the waiting message between when i submit the STP and when i save the output in xls format.

regards

Niko

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi, you have 2 different types of output coming to the browser. You have an HTML-based waiting message and an Excel XML-based workbook. Therefore, you need 2 "pipelines" from the server back to the browser. One of those "pipelines" will need to have an Content-type header for the HTML waiting message, then the second "pipeline" will return the ODS Excel output as long as the Content-type header signals that the second pipeline is going to be XML that needs to be handled differently than the HTML.

I still think your best resource is opening a track with Tech Support.

Cynthia
niko_gallo
Obsidian | Level 7

hi,

i have a problem with ouptut xlsx with a stored process server.

any suggestion?
thanks in advance

• SAS-CODE

ods excel options(sheet_name="&_report_name.") file=_webout style=plateau;

data _null_;

rc = stpsrv_header('Content-type','application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet');
rc = stpsrv_header("Content-disposition","attachment; filename=&_report_name._&_dt_report_ymd..XLSX");
run;

proc print data =&_report_name. noobs label ;run;
ods excel close;

• LOG STORED PROCESS

ERROR: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of insufficient memory.
NOTE: There were 283923 observations read from the data set WORK.CENTRISC.
NOTE: The PROCEDURE PRINT printed pages 1-977.
NOTE: PROCEDURE PRINT used (Total process time):
real time 1:54.75
cpu time 1:48.84

ERROR: An exception has been encountered.
Please contact technical support and provide them with the following traceback information:

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
The error message explains that the step failed because of insufficient memory and looks like you got traceback information for Tech Support. Working with Tech Support seems your best resource for this issue.
Cynthia
niko_gallo
Obsidian | Level 7
Ooook

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 in conversation