BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
chivemran
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello All,

Recently I decided to learn SAS to upskill myself, I had installed SAS Enterprise guide 8.3 available from my company's portal. While trying to run a sample code the run button was greyed out. The solution as per the forum was to select the <do not use a profile> as active profile on the top right. But the set active button as seen in the screen below is greyed out. Can someone please help ? 

Is this an issue related to some license ? Is SAS EG not a free tool ? 

20240929_025526.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

This happens when EG cannot detect a local installation of SAS. 

Do you have a local install of SAS? See this article for more details about setting this up.

If you think you do have local SAS but EG cannot find it, the article provides hints about how to resolve that. If SAS 9.4 is also in your company portal, you could install that to get this working. Or, perhaps your company has a central SAS environment you can connect to -- you will need that connection information to proceed.

Learn from the Experts! Check out the huge catalog of free sessions in the Ask the Expert webinar series.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

This happens when EG cannot detect a local installation of SAS. 

Do you have a local install of SAS? See this article for more details about setting this up.

If you think you do have local SAS but EG cannot find it, the article provides hints about how to resolve that. If SAS 9.4 is also in your company portal, you could install that to get this working. Or, perhaps your company has a central SAS environment you can connect to -- you will need that connection information to proceed.

Learn from the Experts! Check out the huge catalog of free sessions in the Ask the Expert webinar series.
chivemran
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Chris, this must be the reason, that the actual SAS software is not installed. I was already wondering how come the company was providing free SAS for just anyone to download from their portal. Looks like SAS EG is free but the actual underlying SAS is licensed and probably must be controlled by some central team in the company. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation