BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
VinayCV
Calcite | Level 5

Even this is not working %let homefolder=/folders/myfolders/coursedata/ECST142/data;

73 %let homefolder=/folders/myfolders/coursedata/ECST142/data;
75 libname STAT1 "&homefolder";
NOTE: Library STAT1 does not exist.
77 options fmtsearch=(stat1.myfmts);
79 proc format library=stat1.myfmts;
ERROR: Library STAT1 does not exist.
80 run;

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I am not currently running SAS UE, but the look/feel of SAS/Studio is the same no matter where the SAS server is.

You can find the path that SAS uses for your folders from the Server Files and Folders area on the left side of the screen.  Right click (or whatever the Mac equivalent of right click is) on a folder or file and select properties.

image.png

Then you can see the path that SAS is using for that file or folder. 

Use that path in your SAS code.

VinayCV
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the help.

I re installed VM and SAS , its working now.

Louise_R
Calcite | Level 5

Upload the files and folders into SAS 🙂

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Please go into SAS Studio. Then, go into the Server Files and Folders pane. It seems you are using SAS University Edition. Look for the My Folders top node and expand that. Under My Folders you should see your ECST142 folder. It looks like you may have introduced an extra level "coursedata" into your folder path. This is not what we expect in our setup program. We expect the ECST142 folder to be DIRECTLY underneath the My Folders top node in SAS Studio.. Under ECST142, you should then have a data subfolder, if you followed all the instructions for the setup.

SAS Studio has a never fail, perfect way for you to find the path you need for your %LET statement. Inside the Server Files and Folders pane, navigate down under My Folders. Click to expand ECST142. You should see the data subfolder. Right click on the data subfolder. Choose Properties in the popup window. When the Properties window opens, there is a Location field in the window. That Location field shows the EXACT physical path you need to use.

Note that the University Edition virtual machine with SAS inside is a UNIX machine. So that means C: drive locations and Windows slashes (\) will NOT work. If you have ECST142 directly under My Folders, then you should see THIS location in the Properties window for the data subfolder:
/folders/myfolders/ECST142/data <---- note the UNIX slashes and the leading slash before the path. You MUST use this leading slash in the physical path.

Hope this helps,
Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 1 like
  • 9 in conversation