BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Vinnie_MOH
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

This afternoon I have been able to run the following successfully in production. It prompts me for server details etc, username and password, then allows me to connect to server and lists the available libraries. However in test I get the following error...

OPTIONS COMAMID=TCP;

FILENAME RLINK 'C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3\connect\saslink\tcpunix.scr';

signon server="SASApp - Connect Server";

1    OPTIONS COMAMID=TCP;

2    FILENAME RLINK 'C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3\connect\saslink\tcpunix.scr';

3    signon server="SASApp - Connect Server";

ERROR: Unsuccessful connect to the SAS Metadata Server.

ERROR: Unable to retrieve the SAS/CONNECT server definition "SASAPP - CONNECT SERVER".

ERROR: Remote signon to SASAPP - CONNECT SERVER canceled.

Thanks,

Vinnie

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Vinnie,

I still don not understand how your user is getting started in prod.

A normal logical situation would be:

- your personal login "vellis" is also defined with the SAS-metadata

- using Eguide and the login to "vellis" within the SAS-metadata will start a host-session (unix process) with that account "vellis"

It will store the OS-password for ÿellis" in the SAS-metadata so it can be reused.

- Starting a classic SAS/Connect (server-name port number and user=vellis, password prompted) will start that SASconnect by "vellis" on the Unix side.

- Starting a SAS/connect with Server= indication still is needing that OS=user "vellis" and the password for it.

As you are using internal accounts where is that OS user  "yellis"coming form in prod?

- In your test the metadata server is given a loginname=login.sasdemo.77 in authdomain=DefaultAuth 

Is this one trying to start an OS-process using the account "sasdemo" on behalf of that internal account?

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Vinnie_MOH
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Jaap,

Sorry if I have confused you. We don't use internal accounts. I only created an internal account for me to test.

A user is created in the SAS Management Console based off their details in AD. A local account for this user is also created on the AIX servers where they are added to a generic SAS group, as well as a specific Business Unit group/s.

So for example, I would be created in SAS MC as vellis. A local account of vellis would also be created on the server, and added to a group called SAS_UNIX_Primary with all other SAS Users.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

VInnie

fgjkhgh
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

did you solve it somehow?

BR, Jindrich

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

I hope so I missed follow up. But It thought he had all information, no access to the sh-script files at the server. (cmod?)

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Vinnie_MOH
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

Yes, I did get it resolved in the end. Sorry I forgot to update it here on this forum.

It was a relatively easy fix in the end. I had also logged a call with SAS Support who organised a WebEx conference. After about an hour or so checking our configuration they found the issue.

In the Properties of SASApp - ConnectServer, select the Options tab. Towards the bottom of this window is SIGNON Types, and another Options button. If you click on this, it will give you the Scriptless Options, which is Prompt for Userid/Password. This was set to 'No', so was changed to 'Yes', and voila, all sorted.

Like I mentioned earlier, an external vendor had created the autoexec for our Production environment, but hadn't documented the procedure. And me being fairly new to SAS, struggled to replicate it in our test environment. But glad it has been resolved now.

Thanks again for all your suggestions.

Vinnie

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi all,

if the error appears  in batch jobs logs , then how to fix this kind of error? as you mentioned if we are using tool(manuall execution then this option works) my case is batch job i am facing this issue ..i found the same eror in the log.

thanks in advance!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 1 like
  • 7 in conversation