BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
a20121248
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi experts:

We have SAS Viya 3.5 and need to deploy projects following DevOps practices for ML. We have a folder structure with .sas scripts that do the following tasks:

1. Data Validation
  2. Feature Engineering: for now is pure CAS tasks, but in the future it will call a databricks data pipeline
  3. Model Scoring: it call a SAS Model Manager's published model
  4. Reporting: table for reporting in Visual Analytics
  5. Other steps (email/teams notification, etc.): call outook or teams API

I need to schedule these steps.

I learnt how to execute scripts from command line and through APIs (from MAS in SAS Model Manager and SAS Intelligent Decision), but I need a way to orchestrate these .sas files in order. I see that in SAS 9 we have SAS Management Console, jobs dependencies and flow scheduling. Is there a way to do the same in SAS Viya through SAS Workflow Manager and schedule the whole workflow? Or should I use other tools like Airflow?

The only way I see is to create a main .sas script that includes other scripts and schedule it throught jobs in Environment Manager, but I would like to deacople the steps.

Sorry if the question is basic and general. I am open to all opinions.

Best regards,

Javier

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation