BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
olegbogdanov
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey experts!

I have to process a bit more complicated document, than just plain,  multiple field document. And processing must happen in Intelligent Decisioning (at least most of it). 

Documents I need to process are something like bill of delivery with multiple rows ,  goods lists, etc. 

Let's say, unit of this decisioning process is decision flow to process of one row. (name it "row decision"). And it returns sort of score. 

Question:, can I build decision, which parse this document to data grid and then loop over each row in datagrid to call this "row decision" as subdecision. And in this way gathers "row scores" to datagrid  

I see in decision flow various building bricks like rulesets, sql query , python/DS2 code, branch, but no obvious way to build loop.  

I can imagine, that it is possible to create python (or DS2) code node which loops over datagrid and calls for each row subdecision, (REST) , which is deployed to MAS. But this is quite ugly codenode and subdecision is not visible in visual diagram.  

Anyway it is a bit ugly as before call of subdecision You have to assign values from grid columns to variables. Then get back "score results" and insert to grid. 

And later aggregate score to some "aggregated conclusion". But main concern is that is there a way to construct loop from decision components? 

In old SAS 9.4 environment I would create a python executive to parse document and loop over rows with REST call. But with Intelligent Decision and VIYA this kind of python executive (or java or DS2) is not so simple any more.  I would prefere to put all into one Intelligent Decisioning solution. 

Thanks in advance for any (even a bit crazy) ideas.

P.S. Such solution have worked years in combination of ESP. DS2 code of decision (Business Rules Manager) was called from ESP for each row.  But time for BRM is over ☹️ ant it is replaced with Intelligent Decisioning... 

/oleg

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation