BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Whether It is easy to reduce the size of my XML file when it is generated from the SAS dataset which has 55000 records and 25 variables to build the map from it?

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

I do not understand, if your XML file is created from a SAS data set, why would you want to read it again into SAS?

Since your XML file is created from a SAS data set, you can control the number of obs written to that file, so you can build your XML map file using the SAS XML Mapper program.

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Could you please help me to know how can I create the Map file from SAS XML
mapper?
KevinViel
Pyrite | Level 9

Being guilty of very, very briefly perusing the link, I wrote my own map file for the CDISC define.xml (perhaps no substitute for the SAS Clinical Standards Toolkit).  I spent a weekend morning over a prolonged breakfast and reading https://www.w3schools.com/xml/.  With a nod to Jozef Aerts (XML4Pharma) on the Linkedin CDISC Define-XML group, I learned the hard way about the importance of namespaces in XML.

With a few references in hand, I can write XML (or write a SAS program that writes XML "manually").  The OP did not specify the nature of the XML, but very likely a group exists that will provide useful advice, or, in my usual case, corrections.

HTH,

Kevin

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation