BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Chuck
I think it is a defect.
Do the generated code lines in the log, exceed 255 characters?
Where the MFILE option generates code wider than 255, a problem has occured in the past with null characters being generated at the "final" end of the "wrapped" line.
There is a minor overlap between MFILE and call execute code generation..
Of course, this is just guesswork

hope customer support comes up with the solution...

good luck
PeterC
deleted_user
Not applicable
The response back from customer support is that there is a hotfix/patch for a totally different problem that seems to also clear up some "call execute" issues as a side benefit.

I have put in a request with our people to obtain and apply the patch, but I'll have to way a number of days for the change management process to do its thing.

As a work around, per support's suggestion, I am going to us a temp file and %include to mimic the call execute affect. This is simple is all I have to do is

[pre]
* call execute(statement);
file tempfile;
put statement;
file log;
run;
quit;

%include tempfile;
[/pre]

For the four affected data steps.

Well, not quite that simple, I had to make some minor changes to the creation of statement as will, but nothing huge.

Thanks for the note Peter.C
The generated lline is < 255 characters, but, that doesn't mean that there isn't some sort of wrapping occurring.
The problem isn't showing up an every line, and some lines are longer than ones being corrupted.
I think it may have something to do with the total buffer space for something within SAS. My test run yesterday produced only one error, whereas last week, I was getting 3 of them. Message was edited by: Chuck
Flip
Fluorite | Level 6
Call execute will do strange things as code reaches boundries in the editor. It is quite often better to construct the string ina temporary variable, then pass that variable to the Call Execute. It is also easier to diagnose since you can put the string to the log to insure it was constructed correctly.
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am absolutely certain my code is not injecting the blank.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
This is not voo-doo. So, did you run the recommended diagnostic that was suggested or not?

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation