BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ghassanzghaib
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my SAS 9.4 M8 platform to Snowflake.

The requirement is to use MFA and not have to manually manage Snowflake accounts (this is how our Snowflake platform is configured).

The users in SAS EG are connecting with their Windows AD account but when they try to define a library to connect to Snowflake with SAS Connector for Snowflake they get an error saying that "Multi-factor authentication is required for this account."

When we disable the MFA for one user and he tries to connect he gets an error "user/password is incorrect".

I managed to have a successful connection by:

1. Disabling MFA for the user

2. Specifying a password for the user (userid in Snwoflake is the user's email)

3. Creating an authentication domain for the user in "SAS Management Console" and enter the user id and password.

The above solution will require a manual intervention every time a user is added or a password expires.

It also goes against the security requirements for our Snowflake platform.

Has anyone successfully connected to Snowflake and how?

Thanks

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 like
  • 1 in conversation