BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sa_spartan
Calcite | Level 5

Hello world,

Im new to SAS and just did a fresh install of SAS VIYA 3.5. 

Im doing post install and got error and stuck with an issue

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/calcdc/3.5/dplyml0phy0lax/p0npk8pk8rezusn0zss8b14tk8t0.htm#n0wq...

. /opt/sas/viya/config/consul.conf

/opt/sas/viya/home/bin/sas-bootstrap-config --token-file /opt/sas/viya/config/etc
/SASSecurityCertificateFramework/tokens/consul/default/client.token kv write
config/launcher-server/global/environment/SASMAKEHOMEDIR 1

As noted on the documentation, I enter the second command on a single line but still got error.

3 REPLIES 3
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Are you running this command as a user with read permission on the token file supplied?
/opt/sas/viya/config/etc/SASSecurityCertificateFramework/tokens/consul/default/client.token
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
sa_spartan
Calcite | Level 5
Greg, that one I havent checked before but I was able to run the command i found on google with this revised format

source /opt/sas/viya/config/consul.conf
export CONSUL_HTTP_TOKEN=$(sudo cat /opt/sas/viya/config/etc/SASSecurityCertificateFramework/tokens/consul/default/client.token)
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Yes, if you aren't running as root or the "sas" user you'd need to sudo the cat command because of the permissions on the file "client.token"
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation