BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ole_jonas
Calcite | Level 5

Hello!

I am currently working on a case using Kafka streaming in SAS Viya 4. Due to reasons unknown, we are not given more consumers to read the events pushed to the Kafka queue, leaving us with one consumer being used as the connector for a source window in an existing, running project. 

We are not allowed to connect to the same Kafka queue with the same consumer_id as long as the aforementioned project is running. A possible workaround could be to hook a new project's source window onto the output of the running consumer. Is this possible to do in SAS Viya 4? E.g. making an ESP adapter that has this previous kafka consumer as it's source of data.

EDIT: Creating new consumers is locked to admins only. Best case would be to get permission to do this, but I'm looking for at least a temporary solution.

1 REPLY 1
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

As this is an IOT (ESP) question , I moved this post to "Streaming Analytics"-board.

Home > Analytics > Streaming Analytics

Koen

Whether you're already using SAS Event Stream Processing or thinking about it, this is where you can connect with your peers, ask questions and find resources.

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation