BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Numeric variables only contain numbers. I cannot see the point of text mining numbers as the the whole point of text mining is to analyse text. Unless your data contains character variables containing A - Z then there's no point in using a text mining node.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
EyalGonen
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @ernjyen 

I am not sure but according to one of the error lines seen in the screenshot, you do not have any variable in the input data assigned to the Text role.  Can you check that?

ernjyen
Fluorite | Level 6

hi, yes, i've checked my data and there's no text role, does this mean that i cannot use this data for my project? Thank you.

EyalGonen
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I am not an expert on this so maybe other can chime in but as far as I know you can manually set the roles to variables as described here: https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/ctxtcdc/v_019/ctxtug/n1lcxuh984r3o7n0z4zfdg2q8cdr.htm (not sure which SAS Viya version you are using) so you can use your data but looks like you must assign a Text role to a variable. I assume you have an appropriate variable in the input data which can serve the Text role since you are using Text Analytics.

ernjyen
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm not sure why i could't assign a text role to a variable as there are no "Text" selection for me to assign. However, thanks for your help.Screenshot (236).png

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

All the variables shown in your screenshot are of type Numeric. I would assume for text mining you would also need a character type variable (and then I suppose the text role should become available).  

ernjyen
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks for the reply. Does this mean that this dataset is not suitable for me to proceed with my project? Or i can manually change the type to character? Thank you.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Numeric variables only contain numbers. I cannot see the point of text mining numbers as the the whole point of text mining is to analyse text. Unless your data contains character variables containing A - Z then there's no point in using a text mining node.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation